Admin
Harpy Eagle
Admin
Topic starter
(@walehub)
Expert

Chapter 1

IRENE🌹

I’m running and running, I have been running for ages now. When will I make it there?

“Come on honey,keep going you can do it. Don’t look back” I can hear mom saying over and over again.

Wait,mom? Why can I hear mom? Why am I running? Where am I running to?

“Mom where are you? Please help me! I can’t run anymore”

Silence

I keep running,I can’t stop running.my feet are bleeding.all the stones under me are cutting my feet. I try to stop but it is like my body is moving on its own.

Suddenly,out of nowhere, I’m standing on the edge of an iceberg in the middle of the ocean .I am about to take a step back from the edge when suddenly the ice broke and I fell into the ice-cold water

“WHAT THE HELL”

I wake up from the dream and felt myself drenched in the cold water

“Get up you lazy wench! Breakfast has already been served and since you weren’t there to prepare it with the servants,you will clean everything and no one will help you, is that clear?

” yes your majesty” I say and bow my head

This is how I’m treated everyday,like a slave by my stepmother and her daughters.if I don’t obey I get a bearing from my father.I don’t understand why my father hates me.he was the one who made my mom pregnant even though his wife was already pregnant . yes ,you heard that right.my father cheated on his wife,the queen with my mom.

I get up from my bed and go down the kitchen were the servants were cleaning.

“Hi Irene my dear” Zaria, the cook says.

She is the only one in this whole castle who is nice to me

“Hi,Zaria” I smile

“I didn’t see you at breakfast honey,do you want some now? She starts preparing a plate for me

I love Zaria. She has always been there for me and loving me even though my own blood doesn’t love me.I sit down on a chair and put the plate on my lap and ate, since I don’t sit at the dinning hall.

” you disobedient little bitch why are you eating when I clearly told you to clean the kitchen and dinning hall without any help?
She takes the plate from my lap and throws it on the ground

“Pick it up”

I wanted to tell get to go to hell but I know better than that,just looking at her the wrong way would get me in the dungeon for days without food or water.

“Don’t make me go get your father” I get up from the chair and start cleaning while she looks down on me with her hands on her hips

She then let’s all the servants go attend to the other matters and leaves me cleaning everything from scrubbing the floor to the windows

Just when I am about to finish Zaria comes in carrying a sugar bread with a little candle on it while singing .

“Happy birthday to you….”

I’ve forgotten it was my birthday. I am 21 today

“Zaria you didn’t have to do this! Thank you” I hug her

“It is the least I can do honey, I’m so sorry you had to work even on your birthday” she hugs me tighter

“Now blow the candle and make a wish”

I look at the candle not knowing what to wish for.I blow out the candle wishing for everything to get better

Tbc

Topic Tags
38 Replies
WaleHub
Student council award
Admin
Harpy Eagle
Admin
Topic starter
(@walehub)
Expert

Chapter 2

IRENE🌹

I go outside to get some fresh air. I walk in the hot sun.it’s always hot here. We don’t have winters with snow or cold like the other countries do, or so I have heard.I have never seen Snow, I have never seen anything outside the castle really.

I walk between the food booths, dancing people and happy new children running around and having fun.I feel a pang of jealousy. Why can’t I run around and have fun with kids,why can’t I dance and have friends?

This will probably sound pathetic, but why the hell can’t I eat good food? The only thing I eat day and night is bread and soup.

I keep walking and see my two sisters,mary and Eliza,walking with their guards behind them.not that there is any danger but just for show.the guards are holding a parasol each other heads high and looking at people with expressionless face.I really don’t understand these people,the only thing they do everyday is looking perfect like dolls and treating everyone like roaches that need to be steeped on.

I go inside again, not wanting to drown myself in self pity I walk up the stars and to the far end where my room is.my room isn’t wide but at least I have a bed.I lay down on the bed,maybe I can rest my eyes for a little while before I get to do more chores.

Just when I close my eyes,I hear the door open.I sit up expecting to see my step mother or sister,but when I really sad who just entered my room I felt my heart leapt out of my mouth.

“Get up from your bed and kneel before your king.you uncivilized scoundrel! Have I been too easy on you? Is that why you lost your manners? Do I need to discipline you again?

I leapt out of bed and knelt before him.

” you may stand”

I get up and look down at my feet.I feel my heart hammering .why is he here? Did his wife tell him that she found me eating when I should have been cleaning? Oh god,I didn’t even finish eating the plate Zaria has made for me,I will starve to death if he puts me in the dungeon now.

” I have news for you my dear”

I go completely still

He has never ever called my dear.he doesn’t even call me by my name. Something must be terribly wrong

Maybe your wish cane true and everything will be better from now on, says the voice in my head.

“What is the news father?” I ask hesitantly

I usually call him king, or your majesty.his usually expressionless face morphs to one of fury,but It quickly goes way again.I probably shouldn’t have pushed my luck by calling him father

“In a week time,the king of Athena will be visiting the castle.do not make a fool of yourself dress like a royal and behave like one”

I just stared at him,not knowing why all of a sudden I should act like a royal when I have been treated like a slave my whole life

Why is our worst enemy visiting us anyway? I keep staring silently.I’m just about to ask why,when he speaks.

“You will be marrying the King of Athena”

It’s like time has frozen.I can’t even think I come up blank.staring at my father,he says nothing.minutes go by before he turns on his heels and is about to leave the room.my panic starts to set in.

“FATHER” he stops dead in his tracks and turn slowly.

I feel my tears pricking my eyes,making my sight blur.I can’t see his face but I can feel the anger radiating from him.

“Please your majesty,please I will do anything.I can’t marry him” I look down at my feet.

I can feel him getting closer.he raises his hand and I flinch,but,instead of hitting me,he holds my face and lift my eyes to his

” you will do anything I say because I am your king,this is no trade.do as I say or you will regret not trying to kill yourself again after your first attempt ”

I feel my heart crumble to a hundred pieces.yes, I tried to kill myself when I was ten.I was stupid.I heard that the poison berries that were all around the castle were poisonous enough to kill a human.so I took a whole bowl and ate it,wishing that I could end this spiral of pain.unfortunately, I woke up 3 days later only with a stomach ache.after the suicide attempt father was nice to me.but only for a couple of days and then he came back to be being himself again

” what do you choose?

Tears roll down my cheek like a waterfall.if I stay I will get beaten to a bloody pulp and if I marry the king I will get raped,beaten probably killed.getting killed doesn’t sound so bad though

” I will marry the king of Athena”

The moment he walks out of the room. I close the door and start planning my escape.

Tbc

WaleHub
Student council award
Admin
Harpy Eagle
Admin
Topic starter
(@walehub)
Expert

Chapter 3

IRENE🌹

After dinner I went to my room to pack my things and leave. When I got to the door there were guards standing in front of the door and behind them.
I could see the pillowcase I had used to gather my things scattered on my bed. I halted in my step Oh my God I have been caught!

I just stood there not knowing what to do.The guards looking at me and smiling. They know I’m dead.

“The king is on his way”

I look behind me and a guard walking towards me with one of the maids before that cleaned my room.so it was her,not Eliza.she look up at me little smile on her lips.am sure she would be rewarded big time for telling on me.Gosh I hate Humans.

I look around,there are lot of exists but am not just show if I can outrun the guards.
Without thinking I ran as fast as I can through the right corridor.

“GET HER”I hear one shout

I hear loud boot from the guards running a few me but I just keep running. I run down the stairs breaking the vases on the ground with me,maybe it will slow them down a bit , who am I kidding,like vases can slow down a whole army.

I run through the kitchen and out of the castle.I keep running.when I look behind me there is no one chasing me again.I stop to relax and continue running. I ran into the woods.

” Gotcha bitch” someone grabs me from behind

I look behind me and saw a roman the guard who always look at me in a lustful manner

He held my body close to himself as I could feel his breath on me. I feel like throwing up.

I look around and saw no one and my heart sanked.oh God I can’t be alone with him

“Where are you going sweet princess”

I look at him, my body was shaking.

“Please Roman,please let me go”

He starts laughing

“hahahaha oh princess, I like it when you say my name”

I start crying

“Aw princess why are you crying? Have some patience I will make you cry in pleasure just in a little bit” he says while panting

“Y-you can’t.I’m getting married” I said panicking.

God please don’t let me get raped.why does everything bad happen to me? Always me! Why is everyone punishing me for something I have no control over? Why!!

“Oh sweetheart don’t think the WAR GOD would mind his wife getting F*ck before her wedding” he shouts the word WAR.

“In fact honey I’m just preparing you for him.you think he will be nice and gentle? Hahaha no honey I’m sure you have heard all the stories of the devil who rips heads of bodies with his bare hands like it was an apple he picked of a tree”

I could barely breathe

” what do you think those hands will do to the daughter of his enemy? He gropes my bre*st in a harsh grip

“THERE SHE IS” I hear someone shout.

I look behind and see at least 20 guards on their horses riding towards us.I should feel scared but I was relax instead.at least I will be away from Roman.

“We will finish this in the dungeon princess”
he whispers in my ear

I gulp. The guards grab me and tied my hands and legs together. That’s it. I AM DEAD.

🌺🌺🌺🌺

” p-pl-please st-stop” I cried.

Bang!bang! Its been three days since I tried to escape and got caught. Ever since then I have been beating repeatedly by my father most of the times and when he gets tired he lets his guards do it.I’m bruised a over my body. I’ve got some slashes too that I got the first day I got caught.

My father took a whip, removed my clothes so I was only in undergarments and lashed my back 53 times,o counted. It was the only thing keeping me sane.I screamed,cried and pleaded but nothing made him stop.

“I warned you,Irene! I warned you but you had to embarrass me in front of all the kingdom.I told you that I would make you regret it! Now you will experience both things.you will marry the king no matter what! Is that understood?

I didn’t answer so he hit me in the face.my face fell down down in the ground,my nose flooding with blood.he kicked me in the stomach and left.I laid on the floor crying my eyes out.

It been three days,three days.I can’t handle this anymore.I just can’t.I lift my head and look around the dungeon there must be something around here that could end this pain.I saw a nail but it wasn’t sharp.it old and rust

I pick up the knife a maid left when she brought food for me earlier.I pick up the knife fr the ground and cut my myself.

“I HATE MY LIFE.I HATE THIS LIFE”. I screamed

I look at the marks on my body. Am stupid.very foolish.how can this knife cut kill me.when I took 53 lashes and didn’t die.I started coughing. my eyes became blury.my body is weak.

WHAT THE HELL” I heard someone screamed. I couldn’t see the person face.everything went blank

🌺Tbc

WaleHub
Student council award
Admin
Harpy Eagle
Admin
Topic starter
(@walehub)
Expert

Chapter 4

🌺IRENE🌹

“Irene,Irene, my dear, wake up honey” I heard Zaria voice calling my name repeatedly.

I tried to open my eyes but they felt too heavy.

“Irene,sweetheart please wake up” I opened my eyes a little. I could see Zaria worried face above me.

“Honey,oh thank God! Oh my sweet girl!” She grabbed me and have me a big hug crying on my shoulder.

I didn’t hug her back, I couldn’t feel anything really maybe I did die.

“Honey,how are you feeling now? She said.

I just look at her without saying anything.I look around,I’m in my room,my arms and thighs are bandaged.

” can you please leave? I say to get without any expression

” hun….” She says but I interrupt her

“Please Zaria” she looks at me with sad eyes and gets up and leaves.

I get up from the bed in wobbly legs.I feel pain.I can barely walk but I still do. I look in the mirror and I can’t see myself,feeling like I’m screaming and no one’s hearing me, trapped in this life knowing I can’t free myself I go back to the bed and cry myself to sleep.

🌺🌺🌺

“Wake up you wench” I open my eyes and see my stepmother above me

“Get up the wedding is in 3 hours! We can’t have you looking like a beaten wife already. You thought hurting yourself would get you out of this? You have always been dumb Irene.”

3 hours? How long had I been out?

6 maids walked in with wedding clothes accessories

“Get up Irene! Today is your day darling” my stepmother said.

My two sisters walked in looked at me laughed and walked away.I got up and a maid dragging me to the bathroom and I fell down and she kept dragging me.

” you better get used to walking Irene, you have got a long way to the beautiful kingdom of Athena. Maybe you can get lucky and they kill you before you get there”

The maids bathed me.I winced when the water hit my wounds on my body.I couldn’t even see my skin color. I was black and blue and covered with injuries. When I finished,they clothes me with white lace undergarment. Then they gave me my wedding dress.Long sleeves. It went all the down to a floor and the neckline went ad far up to my neck.

I guess they didn’t want the king to see his wife,abused.it is why he is marrying me after all.he wants what is precious for the king. And of cause, a king would always love his daughter.little did they know that my father couldn’t careless about me.I really don’t care anymore. I just hope they don’t kill me soon.after hours they were finished with styling my hair and the makeup. It did take long to cover the bruises after all.

🌺Casper🌺

“Fu*king trash people! The kingdom of the sun,yeah what a Joke! This is the kingdom of misery.that’s what the fu*k this is! “.

I just stepped my foot in this fu*king place and the first thing I see is the king’s daughter scolding a servant for not bringing her the right damn bracelet!! Can’t believe I am marrying such a woman! Okay she might not be the girl I am getting married to,but the other princess I am marrying is probably just as spoilt as her if not worse. God give me patience. I hate people using their power to step on other people. I don’t need to step on others to get respect.I earn it. If it was up to me I would’ve killed the king instead of marrying one of his spoilt daughters but no I was too dumb to promise my late father I wouldn’t do it.and here I fu*king am.

“Quite a catch she is huh?” Luca hits me in the stomach with his elbow while laughing.

He has been my best friend since I was child and I’m considering ripping his head off right now. You can hi kwaku on+233544142683 to be added to fresh stories kingdom, house of stories room,fresh stories kingdom room , Novela and story room to enjoy more of these. He thinks this is funny! that fu*king moron!

“I will cut your balls off right this second if you don’t wipe that smile off your face you moron”

He continues laughing

“Ahh CASPER DOMINIC welcome to my castle! I hope your journey went well? The king smiled at me.

I give him a nod and say ” let’s get this over with.shall we?

How can he be happy when I’m taking his daughter from him? And I thought I couldn’t hate him more? Oh,how wrong I was.

When we got inside the ballroom it was decorated as if this was a real wedding that should be celebrated. Their queen walked towards us with the biggest smile I have ever seen with her two daughter walking behind her with the same smile.

Oh how families are loyal these days (Note the Sarcasm)

“King Casper,what a pleasure.you look younger in person” The queen reaches her hand out to me with her palm down, probably expecting me to kiss it.

I scoff, was she expecting me to look like her ugly husband?

Again I nod ” where is my bride? I say

She let her hand down at her sides.

“She will be down in a minute I am sure she will be delighted with you king Casper” she looks at me with a strained smile

“I am sure she will” Luca says under his breath but loud enough to be heard.

“WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY YOU SCOUNDREL ” the king shouted at Luca.

Luca was about to draw his sword but I stopped him

“You don’t talk to my guard that way” I said angrily to the king.

The king looked at me shocked

“He is a guard! Where is the respect? I am the king”

I look at him with no expression.

“I am his king,you are NOTHING. Don’t forget your place old man.”

I see his anger.his jaw ticking.

I walked up to the altar where the priest is standing and wait for my bride

Tbc

1 Reply
Samchi
Registered
(@samchi)

Novice
WaleHub
Student council award
Admin
Harpy Eagle
Admin
Topic starter
(@walehub)
Expert

Chapter 5

IRENE🌹

I stabs in front of the closed door to the wedding hall.my father by my side intertwined our arms together. My father ready to walk me through the aisle up to my husband to be.

Usually people are happy when they are getting married but here I am dreading this whole wedding and everything with it.

“Don’t ever come back here do you understand? Or I will be sure to kill you myself and don’t bother running away from them. They will find you no matter what” my father said

How this man can be my father, I don’t know but I know that I can never hate anyone more than him. For the first time in my life, I talked back

“Like I would ever come back here willingly”

SLAP! He slapped me I the face,I felt my eyes stinging but keep cool.

I have always known that I would have to marry someone my father chooses but I never thought I would be marrying our worst enemy and a monster.deep down I have always imagined finding my own true love not a royal. No I don’t want anything like that,I want a man with heart compassion,and empathy.is that too much to ask for? Have I not suffered enough all these 21 years?

The doors open I guess that answer is enough. My father walked me through the aisle. I could feel the cuts on my thighs chafing together. It hurt like hell and I can feel blood dripping but I just kept walking to the altar,the monster of nightmares stood waiting, I was looking at the ground all through.

The priest talked for a few minutes and we made our vows.I still haven’t looked at my new husband.

“You may now kiss the bride” the priest said.

I stood still,I could hear my heart racing,the wedding hall gone quiet as night.suddenly I could see him moving towards me,he placed his hands on my face and kissed me so fast and chaste that I wasn’t even sure he actually kiss me.

I look at him, he had bright blue beautiful eyes,lush lips,sharp nose.dark hair. His eyes were pretty but also look deadly.

he turned and walk down the alter to leave.I just stood there not knowing what to do.

“Are you planning to stay there all day? Let’s go WIFE”

The way he said wife reminded me of my sisters when they call me sister, with so much disgust. I gulped and followed him.I caught a glimpse of my so-called family and saw them all wearing the same satisfied smirk.

When I got outside,there were at least 80 horses with a soldier on each. All the horses were white except the king,my new husband was on it was the same dark black that his hair was.

It looked magical.as if he was ready for battle with his sword on him.I can’t believe we’re leaving immediately.I haven’t even had anything to eat,but I guess I do understand them.I do understand them.I wouldn’t be surprised if my father poisoned them all,including me.

I look around,looking for a carriage but there was none everyone was on their horses.are they leaving without me? Cause it sure looks like it. I just stood there looking like a lost puppy?

“What in the bloody hell are you waiting for woman? Get on the damn horse!” Casper yelled at me as he gestures to the white horse in front of me with no one on it.

I have never ridden a horse before,with all the bruises and cuts on my body I don’t think I can even sit on it probably. How does he want me to ride this gigantic horse? Can this get any worse?

I look up at him

“Your majesty, I have never ridden a horse before” I tell him.

I can see his jae ticking and his eyes look into mine with such intensity I had to look down.

“Oh I forgot you are a spoilt bitch that don’t shit herself, you expected your slaves to carry you or what? Casper yelled.

He jumps off the horse and in seconds he is in front of me holding a knife towards me.

RIP!RIP!!RIP!! He cuts my wedding dress between my legs and lift me by the waist and put me on the horse straddling it.

I held the reins and tried everything I could not to fall off the horse.

” don’t use the reins if you cannot the horse hold the handle there and just sit still and do nothing,since that is all you can do.”

I held the handle on the saddle,looking down at my hands trying my best to cry.

Why do I always cry,Damn It!!. I take a deep breath and then all the horses start moving.

My whole body hurts. I look back one last time at my home.no one is outside to even me a goodbye not even zaria. I turn back again and look at my hands, I see blood on the horse where my thighs are.

This is gonna be a long Journey

🌺Tbc

1 Reply
Samchi
Registered
(@samchi)

Novice
Page 1 / 6
Share:
%d bloggers like this: