Notifications
Clear all

How to know the right person to date

Okikijesu
(@okikijesu)
Novice Registered
Topic starter  
One of the greatest challenges people face in today's world is the challenge of picking a partner,we ask ourselves,"is this person the one for me","should I give it a shot","is this person in my category", you are right to ask these questions because I will give you the answers to them in these points.
Before we get in that, I'll like to tell you this, if you adhere to it, you'll save yourself a lot of stress and the point is DO NOT DATE FOR FUN,you see a lot of people in relationships today with the mindset of "I'm just in this relationship to catch cruise, I want to know how it feels,so I can get ready for when I want to actually date", especially students, that's very wrong, because you have a lot of young people around you that will draw your attention easily and it might be just cruise to you, but it might be everything to your partner,so you dating anyone that comes along while you're in a relationship will be a piece of cake because you're not intentional about the relationship you claim to be in.
Now,these tips will help you know if the person you want to date is right for you:

1. DOES THIS PERSON WANT YOU: It's one thing to desire to date someone and be in a relationship with them, but you need to ask yourself,does this person want you as much as you want them,they say words may lie,but actions never do,when someone is making an effort to be with you, you'll see it and that's someone you should be with. More often than not,students do not really check out for this, especially male students probably because of inexperience,all they're after is "I like this person,so this person must date me"and then you proceed to get their attention by impressing them with maybe money or material things, giving gifts is good, but if that's what you're using as the basis and determining factor to be dated, you're wrong.
The individual you want badly might not want you as much,but probably because of how much you persisted and coerced, they'll start dating you and expect you to always be the one to make advances and "show them love",so you should check the person you want to date if they want you as much as you want them.

2.COMPATIBILITY OF CHARACTER: As a student,you need to observe the one you think is for you if you have things in common,fine, you can't have everything in common, you'll have your differences,but the things you agree on must be more than that which you disagree on, if you now think that,maybe you can still work with the person despite being different in so many ways you need to look out if he/she is a person who can tolerate, if NO,then don't even get into that relationship.
Even if you're in the same department and same class, that's not a ticket to a successful relationship,you might still not be made for each other.

3.DO YOU LOVE THEM:This might appear strange,but I tell you,a trend among students today is dating people they don't even like, not to talk of love, relationships are now gotten into because of what'll be gotten,and this is applicable to both genders,so you need to ask yourself,this person I want to date,"Do I love them", because if you don't, there's no way on earth that relationship will work,this factor is very important,it is on this factor that your whole relationship rest,so if it's faulty,it's meant to crash.

So before you date that boy, or that girl, DO YOU LOVE HIM/HER, if you don't,then you're at the wrong place if you get into that relations.
There a lot of indicators to the right person to date, but brood on these first, if you have a question or an experience, let's have it in the comment section,love is not a coincidence, if you're not intentional about it, it won't work.

Okikijesu
(@okikijesu)
Novice Registered
Topic starter  

Let's have the questions and experiences

ReplyQuote
Share:
%d bloggers like this: