Notifications
Clear all

THE BURNING ISSUE OF MINDSET AMONG STUDENTS IN ACHIEVING GREATNESS IN LIFE. (PART 1).

Adeben123
(@adeben123)
Noobie Registered
Topic starter  
    Throughout the history of mankind's existence, finance has always been a deciding factor in the balance of life. Right down from the era of barter down to trading and now to the digital age, all but one thing has remained constant: THE FINANCE MINDSET. With the rapid change from cash to cashless transactions, a new modified mindset is required to transit effectively towards this trend. 
      Mindset is defined as a set of beliefs that shape how you make sense of the world and yourself. It influences how you think, feel and behave in any given situation. The issue of mindset has been a hotbed of debate over centuries as students find it difficult to discard century long beliefs, dogmas, cultural background that shape thier thinking or thoughts on finance. The bottom line being which: WITHOUT THE RIGHT MINDSET, FINANCE WILL ALWAYS BE IN SHAMBLES AND INSUFFICIENT. I was opportune to interview a financially stable student and the first question I asked was: WHAT IS MONEY? He replied: MONEY IS A TOOL, A CONCEPT THAT DOSENT EXIST WHICH IS USED TO SOLVE PROBLEMS.  IN contrast, the response I got from an interview with 10 university students who complained of financial instability was MONEY IS EVERYTHING. THUS, while a rich person sees money as abstract, the poor view it as true WEALTH. NO WONDER, 20% OF WORLDS POPULATION CONTROL 80% OF THE WORLDS WEALTH.
      According to psychological experts, a human mindset is what shapes his/her habits towards all thier  activities. For example, a person who procrastinates likely had the mindset of fantasy and illusions replaying wealth in his minds eye and not seeing the need to take action to achieve it. A discussion took place between me and a friend one day, we discussed on the MENTALITY OF PATIENCE. This was due to the African concept of staying patient waiting for miracles and not taking action to accomplish stable personal finance. He mentioned something called: NEGATIVE PATIENCE which he defined as over-stretching the capacity to tolerate problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious. I was dumbfounded because it made me start seeing finance and finance mindset from another perspective. What I drew out as conclusion was this: Dwelling much on patience without working out solutions to escape financial drought or poverty sends out the wrong signal into your thinking and makes you see your circumstance as normal. Before long, you believe LUCK as the source of WEALTH. At this point of psychological level, financial dormancy is assured as little or zero effort is expended to attain financial freedom.
     Furthermore, the issue of mindset comes into limelight because of it's vital role in accomplishing set goals and objectives. All billionaires who are viewed as super-humans developed the right mindset for wealth-building which is the: CASH-FLOW TRIANGLE. A 3-sided pyramidal structure comprising of MONEY-INVESTMENT- RE-INVESTMENT AND BACK TO MONEY ( ACTUALLY MORE MONEY IN THIS CASE). Billionaires rarely keep money in banks. Instead, they send thier money out to make more money for them. THEY INVEST: (FROM REAL ESTATES TO STOCKS, BONDS, PERSONAL PROPERTY AND OTHER LUCRATIVE BUSINESSES) which accumulates to earn them multi- BILLIONS in net earnings.  Understand that all this achievements was as a result of having a sound mindset on how money works and putting it to work for you.
     Lastly, right/positive mindset is beneficial as it just gives you shelter and protection from the bitter cold of LACK, POVERTY AND OPPRESSION (**SMILES**) as we say here  among NIGERIAN STUDENTS.
      IN conclusion, remember this: YOUR PERSONALITY ISN'T CONCRETE/RIGID, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO CHANGE AND GROW. LEARN NEW THINGS AND INVEST IN KNOWLEDGE. 
      N.B: 
       DROP YOUR COMMENTS, QUESTIONS, IN THE COMMENT BOX. LETS DISCUSS MORE. AND WATCH OUT FOR PART 2. 

Share:
%d bloggers like this: